Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring!

So Sistah Sledge has been carrying the weight of this blog for the past month and a half. I am long overdue on an update – as you are all aware she has pursued this 30 day cleanse. Which I think is insane, but props to her for being disciplined and finding a way to make meatballs from nuts and ground chicken. I decided to give up chocolate for lent. Not so much for religious purposes, but more because bikini season is quickly approaching and I’m always jonesin for anything chocolate (there have been some days where I considered shaking out my keyboard at work to see if there was anything in there – disgusting, I know). Once Easter rolls around the baking begins – and I’m slathering anything and everything in Nutella.

The house search has continued and I actually put an offer on a house that was cute and could easily house the chickens I’ve been wanting. But of course I’m an idiot magnet and the guy who owns the house was a jerkface so we’re back to square one. Putting an offer on a house is really an interesting experience – you sit there and scheme up a number, decide if you need certain inspections (bring on the lead paint!), put it all in a long winded contract then bam! Offer is submitted and you sit and wait, and then check your phone religiously until the realtor calls. I decided that I should be seeking the help of the crazies on Extreme Couponing, and do a little spin off – Extreme Lowballing. I want to see if these women can get a house dirt cheap, or hell – even for free!

In addition to the abode search continuing – spring has presented the opportunity to enjoy one of my favorite past times – gardening! I am not a horticulture expert like Sistah Sledge – however with her sensei wisdom and my googling skills, I think this year’s garden is off to a good start. I went to a new place, Comstock Ferre, that has heirloom seeds – basically it’s like Hogwarts. Found some really awesome plants (pretty much a slew of tomatoes and other exotic vegetables I’ve never heard of) and sowed! Hopefully these plants will be planted in my own yard this year – time will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment