Monday, February 6, 2012

Spaaaaa Daaaaay!

Ok, so sure, I wish that I was writing about MY spa day.  But I'm not.  It's about my tractor's spa day.  Yes, that's right, my tractor's.

Now sure, I know, normal girls may send themselves to the spa, or their beloved dog, but not this chick.  Nope, Bessie is going in!

Good ol' Bessie has seen her better days since the Blizzard of October.  That stinkin' blizzard where trees came down, yards were destroyed, and lucky for me, I had a tractah!  Just up until a few weeks before the snow storm came through I was having a conversation, talking about how I was thinking of bringing Bessie out to pasture.  She's a bit excessive, kind of clunky to mow the lawn with, and an overall expense I could really live without.  But Bessie is like an old boyfriend that keeps coming back.  Just when you think you are over him, he does something that makes you all doe eyed and dumb and BAM! He's back in your pants.  That's how I feel about my tractor, and that's exactly what happened with this snow storm.

For 5 days straight Bessie was a champ.  I was bribing people with beer, food, tractor rides,bucket rides, and chain saw fun (not necessarily in that order) to help me clean up the yard that looked like it was destroyed by an army of beefy Spartan soldiers (anyone see 300? anyone??).  Sure, Bessie almost flipped herself down the hill in the backyard, but she moved wood and debris around like it was no big deal.  I honestly don't know what I would have done without her (and my two legged helpers who also came to help).

Fast forward to February when I'm trying to use her to move wood and she runs like garbage.  Slow on the start, won't go up hills, break is sticky, so I call up my favorite Agway where she hatched from and asked them to come out and service her, like the way a lady should be serviced. As the kid from Agway said as he went to start her up,  "Alright, let's get this girl going," I thought to myself, "Wow, he knows it's a she!"  Silly I know, but I was secretly pleased he wasn't looking at me like I knew nothing about my tractor. I think I impressed him when he asked if it was hydrostatic and I answered "Yes" and knew what I was talking about. Either that, or he was impressed that she looked like she just came out the winner in a girl-on-girl mud wrestling match.

All I know is that she better come back running like a dream, seeing as just this ride to and from alone is costing a pretty $180. That's $180 I could be using towards my own spa day......







No comments:

Post a Comment